In a State of the Union report by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario in 2014, several major trends occurring in the physiotherapy industry were identified.
1. A cultural shift from a provider-centric to patient-centric system.
2. An aging population wherein the number of seniors in Canada is expected to double to 10.4 million by 2036.
3. An emphasis on wellness, health promotion, and injury prevention
4. A shift from physiotherapists working in silos to networks.
5. Supported by technology, the arrival of the e-patient: equipped, enabled, empowered, and engaged.
6. Technology enabled practices for therapists
Therapia is a solution that is built to address these current and future healthcare trends. Physiotherapy is changing and helping patients prevent injury, optimize their health, empowering seniors to age gracefully in their homes, and patients of all ages to recover from surgery and various ailments is of paramount importance. See our list of impairments that physiotherapy can treat here.
At Therapia, we look forward to transforming healthcare delivery and creating solutions that finally prioritize the needs of the patient above all else.