Pendulum exercises are a wonderful way to gently improve range of motion of the shoulder joint, while minimizing any muscle contraction or strain. This exercise is often used by physiotherapists after shoulder surgery or in the early phase of shoulder injury recovery.
- Sitting in a chair and leaning forward as shown let the arm hang down in front of you.
- Move your upper body in a small circular motion to get the arm swining gently like a pendulum.
- Try to keep the shoulder muscles relaxed and allow the weight of your arm to pull on the joint a little.
- Do this for 3-5 min. two to four times per day.
- It should help to relieve shoulder pain.