This simple but effective physical therapy exercise is used to passively and gently improve or maintain your shoulder flexion range of motion.
- While sitting next to a table as shown gently slide your arm forward while bending at the waist.
- This motion should be as passive as possible for your shoulder.
- You may wish to place a tea towel under your hand and forearm to reduce friction.
- Hold the position for 3-5 seconds and return to the start position.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- This should not be painful but may have a gentle stretching feeling at the shoulder.