Some surgeries regain extension easily and it is flexion that requires more work. For example, a Medial Patella-femoral ligament reconstruction.
Here is a quick and easy way to begin working on regaining your knee flexion. This can begin as soon as your post-op swelling is under control.
- While standing, place the foot of your operative leg up on a chair.
- Place your hands on your thigh.
- Gently and slowly lunge forward increasing the flexion angle at your knee.
- Your buttock should be moving toward your ankle.
- Go as far as you can without pain and hold for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 15 times.
- For best results do this every two hours!