Your quadriceps are the muscles at the front of your thighs that mainly act to straighten your leg. This exercise is a great way to get your quadriceps muscles functioning again after surgery.
- As pictured – lie with your knee over a roll or coffee can.
- While the back of the knee stays in contact with the can, straighten your leg as much as you can
- You will feel the thigh muscle tighten
- Hold for 5 seconds and return to the start position.
- Repeat as directed by your physio or until you find it difficult to perform the exercise well.